Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ways to connect with others via Twitter

#etmooc Intro to Twitter

In addition to delivering a helpful intro, Michelle Franz asks, "How do your build your networks via Twitter?"

Answers from the group:

  • By following people I'm likely to meet face to face at conferences.
  • By following people who are in my area of expertise. 
    • And some people who are outside of that area but within my zone of proximal development
  • As a participant, by sharing ideas via posts...try to give people a reasons to pay attention to me. 
    • Being involved in conversations
  • Follow people your friends/colleagues are following.

I especially found the last idea helpful. I'm now following 24 additional people, including several thought leaders in ed tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment