In addition to delivering a helpful intro, Michelle Franz asks, "How do your build your networks via Twitter?"
Answers from the group:
- By following people I'm likely to meet face to face at conferences.
- By following people who are in my area of expertise.
- And some people who are outside of that area but within my zone of proximal development
- As a participant, by sharing ideas via posts...try to give people a reasons to pay attention to me.
- Being involved in conversations
- Follow people your friends/colleagues are following.
I especially found the last idea helpful. I'm now following 24 additional people, including several thought leaders in ed tech.